Apparently we already know high-fructose corn syrup makes you eat and crave more by interfering with the hunger hormones grehlin (want more) and leptin (had enough).
This article explains how HFCS also makes you hungrier the more you eat it by affecting the reward centers in the brain. It also discusses some of the other dangers of consuming this super sugar which far outweighs the use of ordinary cane sugar.
- increases uric acid (gout and kidney stones)
- suppresses immunity for up to 5 hours
- can raise triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.3
- creates deficiencies of iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- can lead to liver damage
- powerful diabetic influence, even affecting babies in their mother’s womb
- reduces your ATP energy stores
Can see Al Sears article here:
New high fructose brain danger